MG Metro 6R4 in D?

• I am interested to hear from anyone who has any information regarding any MG Metro 6R4 owners in Germany. Do you know where there is a 6R4? Have you seen a 6R4 at a rally or a car show? Have you any photos of the 6R4 that you have seen?

Thank you!

(Bitte entschuldigen Sie diese Internet-Übersetzung!)...
    Ich bin daran interessiert, von jedem, der alle Informationen zu allen MG Metro 6R4-Besitzer in Deutschland hat zu hören. Weißt du, wo es eine 6R4? Haben Sie schon ein 6R4 bei einer Kundgebung oder ein Auto zu zeigen? Haben Sie Fotos von der 6R4, die Sie gesehen haben, oder dass Sie schon?

Danke!

• Thank you everyone for the links to photos of the MG Metro 6R4s of Reinhard Klein and Patrick / Peter Berghaus, but I knew about these cars already. Thank you for the photos though. :D

Does anybody have any older photos of MG Metro 6R4s rallying in Germany please? I am looking for photos of Per Eklund in his Clarion sponsored Schmidt Motorsport car, and I also think Armin Schwartz used a Schmidt 6R4 on the 1986 3-Stadte Rallye. Any photos of that please?

• You can find some pictures of the MG Metro on my homepage. Please use this link:

MG Metro 6R4

Kind regards
    Oliver

Many thanks for that link Oliver - there are two photos of Armin on the 1986 3-Stadte Rallye and they both clearly show the entry number 7 and registration number C805 FFC - THANK YOU!

• On my webside you can find some pictures from the Hunsrück-Rallye 1986.
    There are pictures from Per Eklund, Marc Duez & David Llewellin.

Link:

http://www.foto-dfg.de/Bilder/…nsrueck%201986/index.html

Thank you DGF for the link to the 1986 Hunsruck Rally. I already knew about the cars used by Eklund, Duez and Llewellyn, but I have NEVER seen or heard anything about Zimmermann / Buckenlaib! :eek:

Do you have any more photos of this car on this rally? Maybe you do but did not upload them to your website?

Does anybody else have any photos of this car? Does anybody know what start number he was? Does anybody know if he used the 6R4 on any other rallies?

Thank you all very much for your help so far! :D

• [quote='MG S2000','http://woltlab.rallye-forum.de/forum/index.php?thread/&postID=240357#post240357']Thank you DGF for the link to the 1986 Hunsruck Rally. I already knew about the cars used by Eklund, Duez and Llewellyn, but I have NEVER seen or heard anything about Zimmermann / Buckenlaib! :eek:

Do you have any more photos of this car on this rally? Maybe you do but did not upload them to your website?

No, there are no more photos.

Does anybody else have any photos of this car? Does anybody know what start number he was? Does anybody know if he used the 6R4 on any other rallies?

start number of the car was 42. It was the clubman version of the 6R4 by Schmidt Motosport Nürnberg.

Dirk

• Thank you Dirk for the information - it is very useful.

Do you know their full names?

Do you know if they entered anymore rallies in the 6R4 in 1986?

• The "Belga" Metro from SMS Schmidt Motorsport is still in use at historical Events.
    For Example:
    RAC-Classic in Italy (2004 or/and 2005) (rallyeclubsandromunari.it)
    or at the Metz-Rallye-Classic in Germany (must be the Year 2006)
    maybe you find some photos in the homepages of the events.

regards
    tom

• Thank you for that information Tom - I will start searching for those events.

Does anybody know where I can find a final 1986 German Rally Championship points table please? I am trying to find out where any of the Metro 6R4s finished. Do you think I should contact the press office at http://www.rallye-dm.de regarding the 1986 Deutsche Rallye Meisterschaft?

I am also trying to find the full names of A_____________ Zimmermann / ______________ Buckenlaib that entered the 1986 International Hunsruck Rallye at No42 in a Schmidt Motorsport MG Metro 6R4 Clubman, as well as anybody who has some more photos of the car?

Thank you.

• Does anybody know where I can find a final 1986 German Rally Championship points table please? I am trying to find out where any of the Metro 6R4s finished.

I have the full results of german Rallye Championship 1986. It has been published by the ONS (the German Motorsport Authority, now called DMSB). The list is complete until position 35. Zimmermann/Buckenleib are not listed in the top 35. But I also looked at the entry lists of Sachs-Rallye Baltic and Drei-Städte-Rallye, the two last championship rallies. They did not compete there. So it is obvious, they did not participate the complete championship.

I doubt, if anybody has a list exceeding those 35. Because even in the year 1986 nobody had a real interest in those placings.

I am also trying to find the full names of A_____________ Zimmermann / ______________ Buckenlaib that entered the 1986 International Hunsruck Rallye.

The complete names are Alfred Zimmermann and Rudolf Buckenleib. Please notice the correct spelling of the codriver's second name.

• Many thanks for the information - you have been most helpful 'le moulinon'. :D

When you say you have the full results for the 1986 German Rally Championship, can you tell me Per Eklund, Marc Duez and Armin Schwarz are in the Top 35 please?

I am trying to find more photos of Alfred Zimmermann / Rudolf Buckenleib in the No 42 Schmidt Motorsport MG Metro 6R4 Clubman on the 1986 Hunsruck Rally.

• When you say you have the full results for the 1986 German Rally Championship, can you tell me Per Eklund, Marc Duez and Armin Schwarz are in the Top 35 please?

Marc Duez only took part in Hunsrück-Rallye.
    Armin Schwarz competed in Mitropa-Cup that year. The only other championship-Rallye he has been taking part was Sachs-Winter-Rallye.
    So both of them did not collect enough points to reach the top 35.

Per Eklund also took second place in Rallye Deutschland. So together with his Hunsrück-Result he and Dave Whittock finished on position 29 in German Championship.

• I am trying to find more photos of Alfred Zimmermann / Rudolf Buckenleib in the No 42 Schmidt Motorsport MG Metro 6R4 Clubman on the 1986 Hunsruck Rally.

I ask my father today. He has been taken Fotos of this rally. Ill hope we find them quickly... ;)

Game-Experte

• Marc Duez only took part in Hunsrück-Rallye.
    Armin Schwarz competed in Mitropa-Cup that year. The only other championship-Rallye he has been taking part was Sachs-Winter-Rallye.
    So both of them did not collect enough points to reach the top 35.

Per Eklund also took second place in Rallye Deutschland. So together with his Hunsrück-Result he and Dave Whittock finished on position 29 in German Championship.

Thank you for that 'le moulinon'. :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!